Author Topic: ??spy-free weather??  (Read 777 times)

Offline joey_p777

• The crew
  • Full Nut
??spy-free weather??
« on: January 18, 2003, 07:16:34 pm »
Anyone know if there is a weather app available thats spam free?  Weatherbug is GREAT as far as information, convenience, interface, etc.....  But gets EXTREMELY tiresome with a popup everytime you check the temperature.  Running spybot and/or adaware, with  latest updates, (spybots been on top of those updates, where lavasoft needs to get on the ball! ;D ) im sure my system is clean....  You have to sign up for a "sponser" and thats the popup you get when you check the weather.  I've used weatherbug since beta, but lately its getting unbearable.  I've heard of others, such as the weather channel, but not sure if they're gonna be any better?  

BTW, solution = not adding the entries to host file either, all that did was LAG me BAD.  But thats another issue  ;)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re:??spy-free weather??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 09:42:00 pm »
 ;D  http://www.crh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/ILZ014.php?warnzone=ilz014&warncounty=ilc031

It aint a program but if you mark duh page its there at you finger tips
Spyware free as far as I know... Gov thing 8)
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline derwith

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 01:41:07 pm »
The Weather Channel has a desktop application that resides on the task bar.  I dumped WeatherBug because of the spyware and lousy support.  I' ve only had the Weather Channel application for about a week and it seems to be able to do everything that WeatherBug could do and more.

My Adaware hasn't shown anything from Weather Channel yet.  The gator and cydoor regestry entries quit showing up also.

Offline joey_p777

• The crew
  • Full Nut
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 11:22:48 am »
what about pop-ups?  The popups are what kills weatherbug, panicware goes nuts when you check the temp!  Just wondering befire I try it.  Thanks

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 11:49:43 am »

what about pop-ups?  The popups are what kills weatherbug, panicware goes nuts when you check the temp!  Just wondering befire I try it.  Thanks

Weather channel Java broke on my Laptop..
But it didnt seem to layin any spyware even tho the free had Advirts..
But what am I talkin about The Weather Channel has always been wrong when it comes to Chicago...  ;D

It got Temps ok similar to what you see on the Local stuff on cable...
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline Beazman

• A New Nut
  • Quit your Crying and Defend our Country!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2003, 03:58:21 pm »
Try this leed: [http://www.weatherxpress.com/]  :)
Seems to work for me, the only catch, you need to register it to remove the 15 second time out when first opening the program. :-\
I usualy leave it running so that's not a real problem.

;D Enjoy!