Author Topic: Computer Troubles-WEIRD  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Robertkk

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Computer Troubles-WEIRD
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2003, 03:04:32 pm »
  yes

mccoffee

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 04:13:08 pm »
try this goto ineternet exploer  tools,internet options,connections, lan settings if there is a check in automaticlly detect settings  uncheck   exit internet eploer then see if that helps

Offline Robertkk

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 04:48:21 pm »
no checks anywhere in there.

mccoffee

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 04:50:31 pm »
ok since u are win2k download and install the cablenut update   ur advertised speed for road runner is 2000/384  on the update look for the folder it created ond desktop called cablenut_update   ok select the folder winxp_2k_cable  look for the file called 2000/384 apply changes an reboot  this should help u with the speeds

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 04:54:47 pm »
Ive been trying to diagnose mine for about 4 months now. I am beginning to believe my video card may have some bad ram on it.  I can duplicate my problem in other programs such as Adobe looking at local documents. You might try to see if this is the case with you. Scroll up and down a .pdf doc or somthing simular fast, a few times a day to see if you can catch it.

Offline Robertkk

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2003, 08:32:34 pm »
Mcoffee, I already did that.  This is a computer-related problem really, not much internet-related.

However, the possibility that my video card has some bad RAM on it is VERY possible...do you think getting a new video card and replacing it will fix the problem? I can try and report back here since I'm already planning on buying a new card.

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2003, 09:19:28 pm »
I agree.. I've done evey test on the wifeys PC for a long time. We've done all drivers updates and you name it.. it's been tested. We even have a differance Video card in it and no differance. We've even formated her harddrive and reinstlled windows.
One thing that did help was more rams. We inadvertaly put in the wrong ram cards and change that out to the correct ram cards. It did better.. But it still freezes.
One thing I am thinking is that we have an older scanner on it and the start up program called "FlatBed" may have something to do with it. If I turn the Flatbed off by doing a control/alt/delete and shut the program down.. her freezes seems to go away.
But It's obviously a memory problem and lack of memory causes the freeze.
So one suggestion is to do a control alt delete after boot up and shutdown any program you are not using and see if that helps.
I really am interested in this. The wifeys PC has a 750 CPU processor with 256 megs ove rams.
My PC is just a 400 cpu processor with 129 megs of rams.. I've had it for 6 years and no problems.
We're both running win/98se
The only differance is that she has the printer and scanner hooked up to hers.
So if anybody comes up with a solution.. I'd be real interested.
PS... I did the PITstop route also and came up in excellent shape according to them.

Buggy ;D