Author Topic: All that Protest  (Read 3312 times)

Offline bushwacker

• Full Nut
  • Be smart: Vote Libertarian
    • TweakHardware
Re:All that Protest
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 10:06:14 pm »

It has been said that alone with trying to keep from hurting civilians and non military structures, they are also keeping away from Ancients area so that History can be preserved.

The Nazis thought the same thing when invading the ancient cities of Europe. Though ordered to do so by Hitler under penalty of death to themselves and their families, the generals in charge refused to destroy them for their beauty and historical value. Today, the invading Coalition has the same sentiments I'm sure, not just for the religious importance, but historical and cultural importance as well. However, if you read Newsweek or probably any other magazine you've probably seen detailed layouts of Baghdad. Near one of Hussein's 50-odd presidential palaces (Since when do *presidents* live in palaces?!), there is this huge military monument, more or less a giant obelisk. This is one monument that should be knocked out by a missle ASAP if it hasn't alread for what it represents, and for the hit it would no doubt take to Iraqui military morale.
.::Perversely Hacked, grepped, and groped by PowerPenguin::.
(http://www.tweakhardware.com)

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 10:01:51 am »
Well ..they're reporting that they dropped two Bunker Busters this Morning. I think that's the first time they've use them to date. (not sure if that was a bunker bomb they dropped on that first night. I tend to believe that it was just bomb that showed what we can do that they can't stop)
I think that they are more focus on command area than image area.
We've seen very little of what they have dropped bombs on in the outlying area.. but I'm sure they are beating down all of Saddam's Palaces.

My Prayers continue for Our Forces. God please Watch over them and protect them.
Buggy  :)

Offline Bret

• Junior Nut
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 09:09:29 pm »

What do you call 5000 Lawyers on the bottom of the Ocean ?

A good start? .....

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2003, 07:22:04 pm »
What do you call 5000 Lawyers on the bottom of the Ocean ?

A good start? .....

A Great Start !  ;D
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.