Author Topic: AOL and the Cablenut Program  (Read 16120 times)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re:AOL and the Cablenut Program
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 10:47:54 am »
REMINDER:
This thread is to tell your experance with AOL, not a help thread. If you need advise on how to get rid of AOL start a new thread.

Note:Uninstall of AOL still leaves allot behind in the registry it even attached itself to Quicken and Quickbooks. In most cases to get rid of AOL is to re-format and reload. But it dosnt need to be done till after you backup your important data. like pictures, email, documents, invoices, quicken, music and more put them on CD-RW so you can recover your stuff to your system.
If you have a seperate drive on the system you can copy your important data to that drive.
AOL in the registry slows all machines to a crawl.
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 09:04:56 pm »

;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 02:00:19 am by chpalmer »

Offline Mlum

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 11:24:04 am »
 So what you are saying is that the Cablenut Program will not work with AOL and downloading it will be a waste of time?

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:53:13 pm »
So what you are saying is that the Cablenut Program will not work with AOL and downloading it will be a waste of time?

AOL is a managed software meant to use up your system resources even with the new changes
Basically your buying into a company that controls you and even who you can contact.
They can even look into what you send.. There probably one of the companies that pushed legislation in the states to make it illegal to run a firewall.. Thats in some states

Basically if you dont need your privacy get AOL,  msn or earthlink.. They want to know everything you do...
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline EvilMod

• EviltoDuhFullest
  • Moderators
  • Full Nut
  • Evil Moderator
    • DSLNuts
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 07:49:59 pm »
I use AOL and there isn't one bit of kbit slowdown when I'm surfin/downloading the net.

It uses lots of recourses.. but what program this large doesn't?
um... yeah

Offline jjk454ss

• A New Nut
  • I'm not a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 06:30:46 pm »
This thread was started over a year ago, are the things said still true?  I use AOL 9.0, but I only use it because it is the fastest I have tried.  I live to far away from the CO that I can't get ADSL, and I tried only one other dialup, but it was supposed to be one of the better ones, and it was much slower than AOL.  I am not saying it is fast, just faster than the other.  And I have never had problems with unexpectadly disconnecting or any other problems.  I would like to find a different ISP, only because I don't like the AOL price, and I would rather not have all the AOL junk on my computer, but going to a slower ISP is not worth it.  

Any ideas for faster ISP's and I will definatly try them.

mccoffee

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 06:46:19 pm »
it depends what is in your area  you could  try getting a cable modem provider.

What's your  zip code i could see what's avalable