Author Topic: Comcast Transition of attbi accounts to began!  (Read 10297 times)

Offline light-cable

• Junior Nut
Re:Comcast Transition of attbi accounts to began!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 08:12:28 pm »
Do they keep the pricing the same once you are on Comcast? :o

Online dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 04:34:35 am »
Do they keep the pricing the same once you are on Comcast? :o
Pricing seems to stay about the same with Comcast and in area´s like IL where comcast took over now business´s are supported Where ATTbi didnt have a clue on how to support business in Chicago. Comcast seems to do a better job in that.
The network seems to stay up here better under Comcast where ATTbi would go down with the hint of Rain or Snow.  So they could save on bandwidth. The only problem with Comcast is the switch over seems to take forever and programming changes on the TV end of things and not for the best here. Like now we have that network that shouldnt be called a network called "Oh" and way to much FOX.
Also under the New contract with Chicago Comcast has to answer the phones in under 30 seconds and install times have to be kept or the install is Free ;D But I found that if there not sure on the fix you might end up calling several phone numbers to get the right person So take notes and numbers while being transfered  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 04:39:49 am by dannjr »
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 09:36:56 am »
First off.. Comcast has "said" there will be no cost increase at this time. (don't they all say that?  ;) )
Comcast is making money by being smart. What they are doing is reviewing all the accounts against what the customer is paying for.
For an example..
When I signed up for the cable TV and then the High Speed Internet under a special with AT&T. it was a a special that I got 50 channels for 19.95 a month for three month. At then end of the special I called them and said I didn't want the expanded package. (I actually was getting the expanded plus the movie channels because the installer put the wrong filter.
Anyway
They reduce the bill to reflex what I ordered..but never change the filter. I was getting all the stuff for 14 bucks a month for TV and $40 a month for the Internet. I even did a follow up call reminding them about it. (yeah I know I'm too honest)
Then along comes Comcast.
One week after they took over they left a door tag on my door informing me that I was recieving service that I wasn't paying for and they made the corrections. If I wanted to get the extra service to call them and order it.
This is the differance between Comcast and AT&T.
They did a write up about Comcast here in town and commented that the revenues were up just by cracking down on the accounts. Many opted to for the added channel. But now they HAVE to PAY For it.  :o
LOL
But also the actual connections ARE better under Comcast. Like Dannjr mentioned. It use to be that if it rained.. you either lost your connection or it slowed down to a 56k modem speed (and that's awful) to date.. I've not had a slow down yet. EVEN now that the kids are out of school and doing their massive downloading stuff.  ;)

So ..all in all?
I'm impress with how Comcast is doing.
Now we'll see how they handle the e-mail addy transition.

Buggy  ;D

Online dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 10:17:59 am »
50 50 the email has to be fixed due to a BugGy  ;D
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 12:10:47 pm »
50 50 the email has to be fixed due to a BugGy  ;D

Yah I got that suspistion when I got and e-mail from comcast saying they notice I haven't downloaded the transition yet!  :o  when in fact I have.. on both PC's  ;)
Maybe there is something to this hidding behind a router  ;)

Buggy ;D

Offline hayc59

• Moderators
  • Certifiable Nut
  • VoodØØ Child™
    • Outpost Firewall
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 10:19:55 pm »
i would like to know where this file goes?
and if i can delete when all is said and done.
'Never Forget'

Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security 2007-09

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 11:06:54 pm »
LOL.. I tell yah Hayc59.. yah got me thinking about that.
So when I went to pay my cable bill today.. I asked the guy at the counter. This is what he said.
Whne you install the transition wizard it allows comcast to download the stuff need to make the transition to comcast. Once that's done.. there is an uninstaller that will be advailable once transition is complete.
I think I have an Ideal what they mean. But not sure how to explain it.
One way to think about it.. if you had AOHell then you can remember all them little updates that were automaticly done when you were trying to log off.
But it sounds like we have to wait til the transition starts.
That's the best I can say at this point.

Buggy  ;D