Author Topic: Cablenut What would you want  (Read 18244 times)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Cablenut What would you want
« on: May 08, 2003, 01:42:26 pm »
If the cablenut program was to be updated what would you like to see in the program.
If you have a registry entry or a setting thats legit please place it here.
Im not saying its gonna happen tomarrow but like all programs eventually they get updated.
I wont kid anyone by giving dates or times as well.

BUT if you think theres something in need please place it here in this thread.
It has to be realted to the way the connection properties of a Windows machine.
We have talked about MAC / Linux if you have something specific to them flavors start a thread in the Linux/MAC forum

Thanks
Dan
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline light-cable

• Junior Nut
Re:Cablenut What would you want
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 11:02:55 pm »
Can you integrate the Faster page loading and Disable DNS Caching tweaks somehow into Cablenut, maybe have it save the tweaks when you save the settings or have the reg files pre-built into the adjuster?  This way all the tweaks are covered in one download.

Offline oftentired

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 08:26:52 pm »
A new computer user cannot use CableNut without a lot of guidance. Experienced users probably won't mind a bit of helpful information either.

I think that a seperate window should open when the program is run. This window should be on top and slightly to one side and contain a text dialog that gives a clear concise explanation of the existence of and the purpose of the CSS files and exactly how they can be used (including the option to right click and not use the Manual Tweak Screen).

Included should be a clear explanation of what choices to make to determine which CSS to use. This could be assisted by a clickable menu choice or check box style choice, present on this same window which would be in addition to the current windows folder/file name search one can perform from the Manual Tweak Screen File Menu/Open Custom Settings.

Until someone understand these basic things they cannot use CableNut except by blind choices.

The window would be a simple movable window that opens on top of the program which can be disabled or moved out of focus. I would even put an explanation of how to move, unfocus, and close this window as part of its text.

Have a nice day.
David

Click Here To Learn How To Post PCPitStop Test Results
Click Here To Learn About the PitCrew Folding Team
SPAM - Treat It Like A Crime Scene

Offline oftentired

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 09:54:27 am »
I have another thought.

It would be easier to compare current, suggested, and user typed tweaks if the Manual Tweak Screen had these three side by side adjacent to each tweak.

Have a nice day
David

Offline light-cable

• Junior Nut
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2003, 11:52:13 pm »
Yeah I think the suggested tweaks is a good idea.

Offline Thomas76

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
2 proposals
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 10:50:04 am »
Hi.
This isn't about the "actual" functionality of the Cablenut program, so it's not so important.

1) Would it be possible to have "Start Menu icons" and "Desktop icons" separated in the installer menu?

2) Inside the program, you can move to the next box by pressing the Tab key.  This works up through "DefaultTLL" but clicking Tab then will highlight the "Retrieve Current Registry Values" button; it would maybe be better if that placed the cursor in the "DisableUserTOSSetting" box instead...

Offline genzou

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2003, 10:40:22 am »
Can you integrate the Faster page loading and Disable DNS Caching tweaks somehow into Cablenut, maybe have it save the tweaks when you save the settings or have the reg files pre-built into the adjuster?  This way all the tweaks are covered in one download.

What's the DNS caching tweak? Faster page loading is already setup in Cablenut. It's the MaxConnectionPer1_0Server and MaxConnectionsPerServer settings.