Author Topic: Cablenut What would you want  (Read 18641 times)

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
Re:Cablenut What would you want
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2003, 12:36:25 pm »
Good suggestions so far. I however want to point out that No Two PC or Internet Connections are alike.
What the CCS files in the Software uses is the overall adverage settings for that particular person.
Also.. The Software has a Readme File in it for users to read when they install it.
The Tweaking is ongoing to this day. mnosteele and others continue to update info that they find works.
Dannjr and the CableNut team continue to look for way to improve the CableNut Software.
That's why it continues to be so popular.
Definitions of each setting is listed in the Links colum on the leftside of the forum. Just clck on the one that relates to Your OS and you can read up on it there.
I hope this clears up some of the reasons why certain things are not in the Adjuster or CCS Files.
But hey.. you never know.
Keep them suggestions coming.  ;)

Thanks
Buggy  ;D

Offline genzou

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2003, 01:19:59 pm »
Couldn't you set Cablenut up to run a series of tests then automatically set itself up for that persons best possible settings?

Offline light-cable

• Junior Nut
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 04:12:21 am »
What's the DNS caching tweak? Faster page loading is already setup in Cablenut. It's the MaxConnectionPer1_0Server and MaxConnectionsPerServer settings.

Faster page loading: http://home.covad.net/~zeiler07/Reg/FasterPageLoading.html
Disable DNS Caching: http://home.covad.net/~zeiler07/Reg/DisableDNSCaching.html

mccoffee

Re:Cable What would you want
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 03:04:30 am »
   Is there a way  to show  a range of  rwins   and global  max   it's  going to be hard to without latency.   For example  say the ad-don recommend 64240 for   1.5down connection  but that didn't work with  the user connection.
   If  we  gave them  like a range  of  rwins   there  for  if they want to play around sorta speak    
 They know  how far up they should go with rwin, and  have  a choice of 51100 trough128480.      

Also maybe   a feature called  expert  where   you can  play around with other   cablenut  values  and  they should   what other values to try without  damaging the connection or  even  a link merged  in  to cablenut  to that page that saids what  all the values do and then the  settings they could  change up to.   For example Large  buffer  size 81920 or  40960 ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 03:13:23 am by mccoffee »

Offline Buggyman

• Certifiable NoOb
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Buggy!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 10:23:55 am »
Once again.. that could run into to many variables. The Cablenut would be the size of a Wndows Operating Software by the time you add all the differance settings possiblities.  :o
But.. I'll leave that thought up to the CableNuts writers to decide that.  ;)

Thanks for the inputs.. You guys/gals are putting out some good suggestions.

Buggy  ;D

Offline admsral

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2003, 05:27:16 am »
Hi  :),

mnosteele has recently mentioned a "ForwardBufferMemory" tweak at TweakXP:

Forward buffer memory tweak, this controls how much RAM TCP/IP uses for storing packet data in the router packet queue.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
"ForwardBufferMemory"=dword:00024a00
"NumForwardPackets"=dword:0000024a
"MaxForwardBufferMemory"=dword:00024a00
"MaxNumForwardPackets"=dword:0000024a

It would be nice to be able to insert and tweak those four values in Cablenut.

Best regards

Offline Rocko

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 05:45:40 pm »
I'd like a possibility to see what every variable does if I tweak it and what kind of values that are accepted for each variable. :)