Author Topic: Lord, help me  (Read 379 times)

Offline tommygunz83

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
Lord, help me
« on: October 05, 2003, 10:12:33 pm »
I recently got Adelphia PowerLink about a week ago and to say the least im a bit upset. I have no complaints about the download/upload speeds, but Im having a dilemma abut my ping times. I run about 5 speed tests a day and my speed ranges are 1200-1900/90-220. I think these speeds are great... but then comes gaming. My pings are horrible. The minimum ping I get when I look in a gamebrowser was about 50, but then when I actually joined the game they were about 10times that with an abundant amount of ping spikes and packet loss. Now, I believe the new cap speeds have taken affect but my minimum pings are even higher, now theyre 100. Im just confused how such a high speed connect could have such horrible ping times. Is anyone here a gamer with PowerLink and could give me some info on how your pings are? Maybe some tweaks to improve my ping? Ive already did the DSLreports tweaks as well as speedguide.net and theyve done nothing. Could it be my PC? God I miss online gaming :-( any input would help. Later. -Tommy

Offline mnosteele

• Dr Tweak
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Dr Tweak
    • www.drtweak.com
Re:Lord, help me
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 08:29:12 am »
Welcome to the Forums  ;D, please read here so that we can properly help you. ;) ;D
AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.2, WD Raptor 150GB, 8GB Crucial RAM, Win 7 Ultimate