Author Topic: a problem...with internet expolrer  (Read 754 times)

Offline ikoi

• Full Nut
  • The UPSMAN..Just your avearge package throwing guy
    • My Systems
a problem...with internet expolrer
« on: April 04, 2002, 04:15:55 pm »
hi all..

i was working on a friends computer at my house..and downloaded the cablenut tool..set it all up on my cable system and it worked fine..
he took it home and pluged it into his cable started it up...went to open IE..and got a fatal error...
i explorer general fault protection in modual user.exe..at001c:000013b8.....

i had him try to repair explorer...then uninstall or go back to a previous version...no luck still error...even had him download ie6..same thing....
anybody have any ideas???   :ham:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by 1018328400 »
intel 2.8...4 40gig hds...gig of ram...all kinds of other stuff!!!
Geek it 'till it MHz."

dannjr

Re: a problem...with internet expolrer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 04:50:35 pm »
Have him run Scandisk and defrag or Defrag and chkdsk to see if it fix's it taking a older machine and moving it can be a little dangerous as the hard drive can move a touch if it hit on IE it might have damaged it then the only thing you can do is reinstall IE complete.

Also if you uninstall Cablenut software it will put everything back to Windows default. Their hasnt been any problems reported with the program causing IE problems. So taking it off would tell you if that was the problem...

Also what other types of tweaks have been put on this machine some have been known to run as spyware when you install Cablenut it may have interfered with that part of it... ANd if AOL was on this particular machine prior to having CaBLE that could have been a big problem as AOL don't like to share with any of the other ISP's Esp. if he/she made it the default program to connect

Get a little more info we can go from there..... :( :)

Try running ad-aware and AVG to see if thiers a worm also
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by 1018328400 »

Offline ikoi

• Full Nut
  • The UPSMAN..Just your avearge package throwing guy
    • My Systems
Re:a problem...with internet expolrer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 06:48:05 pm »
ok..update..
it fixed it self?
dont know what happened..but it works now.... ???
intel 2.8...4 40gig hds...gig of ram...all kinds of other stuff!!!
Geek it 'till it MHz."