Author Topic: Microsoft Recovery Console - Please Read  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Micro

• Moderator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
Re:Microsoft Recovery Console - Please Read
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 05:49:35 pm »
Yes, Acronis' version 7's are very nice and better than Symantec stuff at this point (except for Gdisk and Gdisk32, I don't think a product will ever exist to replace those)

These people's software has saved my butt more than once.

http://www.runtime.org/

Look at GetBackData and Disk Explorer

Disk Explorer allowed me to restore ALL data on a 160gig HD when the first 40 sectors got scrambled. (If you know anything about HDs, then you know how bad this was)

Took about 15min (and of course my genius ;D ), but it went from an unformatted, unpartitioned, unrecognized blank drive back to a single partition, NTFS drive with over 880 video clips on it.

Yea, talk about sweatin' to the oldies, it hadn't been backed up since those files were transfered to it, it was scheduled that day and that's why the problem was discovered.

Oh, and everything was done from within XP, even though XP would not even acknowledge the disk existed.

If you have transitioned to Server 2003, be absolutely sure to look into Shadow Copies for your client machines AS WELL AS your servers.
(Don't forget you can shadow the entire machine if you want, and this means the server also)

Start at this link and see if it will be right for your network.
The important part is IT'S FREE (if you use Server 2003)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/fileandprint/file/vds/default.mspx
Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Offline Vicious

• A New Nut
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Microsoft Recovery Console - Please Read
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 04:25:43 am »
i never really understand those stuff. i just want something " 1 click and then its fix " does all the thinking for u . i guess i like my parachutes close . or i might be afraid of hights.  ;D