Author Topic: Dlink 1402s modifications  (Read 2950 times)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re: D-link 1402/s Experimenting
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 01:34:55 pm »
Imagine a 45 willy jeep with the hood re-shaped on the right side and a couple a peices of 3 inch PVC and a elbo with a Rubber Drain repair peice to hold the PVC to the Water proff ari filter that came with the willy.
Now imagin that going out the side of the hood and up 12 feet with cables to support it against the elements..
Now imagin the exhoust pipe running a foot taller then the PVC on the back and a US Flag attached..
Are you ready... We use to Drive it under water in lakes in Northern wisconsin...
Air who needs air when you have a Scuba mask on with a air tank mounted in clips behind the seat..
There is a downside to this... Even in clear Water with the head lights on you never really see the edge of the lakes drop off.. On the plus side the Willy had a Winch and with one other 4x4 with a winch you can retreive it from the lake bottom..

Are you running out to get one now.. I wish the pictures would have survived.. The Jeep was sold to a neighbor in Crivits Wisconsin we havent seen the thing since 1982.. But it was a blast to take off road and into the elements esp when other Jeep or 4x4 owners would try and follow accross a river ;D

Soory didnt mean to go off subject..   

Do a port scan on your computer to see which port the voice software is using when on.

netstat -a then open the port of the FIR Wall
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 06:37:57 pm »

Dlinks the Voip adapter and the firewall is BSD. I can see the ports but the firewall keeps closing the incoming port and my phone wont ring.

I think I need to get it to register every minute to keep the port open.

Offline dannjr

• Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »

Dlinks the Voip adapter and the firewall is BSD. I can see the ports but the firewall keeps closing the incoming port and my phone wont ring.

I think I need to get it to register every minute to keep the port open.
Have you thought about reversing the order Put the DLink in front of the firewall and open allot of the services..
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 10:23:15 pm »

Dlink blocks service for the other adapter Im running. It doesnt like competition.

Im using a Zoom ata in place of the dlink for the last two hours and its working. So obviously Ive got a registration timing issue.

Tis all a learning thing.  ;D

Offline dannjr

• Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 10:43:25 pm »
One the BSD does it have a sleep mode in the switch enabled.. disable it or see if sleep mode is enabled threw bios this is the linux firewall right

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 01:54:09 pm »

Yep- its the pfsense router box.

No sleep mode I know of but Im still learning it. 

VOIP is still a new thing. The two sides (VOIP and firewall builders) keep trying new things to make everything play together without talking. So if I build a firewall to allow VOIP on port 5060 and the VOIP guys decide to allow 5060-5080 to avoid ISP problems then the firewall is gonna block the higher port usage. Just stuff like that...

I get qos working correctly here and the kids arnt gonna be happy. :cpgrin: