Author Topic: Service technician messed up something.  (Read 1155 times)

Offline steeven001

• A New Nut
Service technician messed up something.
« on: December 06, 2008, 06:41:34 pm »
Hey all.

I have FCI Broadband for my telephone and dsl internet. I have a 5mb down and 1.5mb up connection.

Now Rogers Cable bought out FCI Broadband. So today a rogers technician came to switch my phone lines so he cut everything disconnected everything on the outside and the inside of the house. The phones now run through the same cable the tv does but theres a box thing he put in the basement that converts it from cable to phoneline.

Now when I went downstairs I asked him why did you cut up all the phone lines hows my internet supose to work. Then he was like I didn't know that. So he hooked it all back up but now my dsl internet is so slow I'm getting download speeds of like 150kbs when I use to get 500kbs+. But the good thing about it is he also gave me internet through the cable line so now I have both cable and dsl.

Now I'm trying to get my dsl back into the state it was in because it is a much better service overall (faster speeds, unlimited download/upload limit). I checked out the wiring to see if theres something wrong but it seems okay to me although I don't really know exactly what I'm looking at when I open the box on the side of the house but I am an automotive technician so if I could get some help I'm pretty sure I could fix this back up.

Offline chpalmer

• "Loose Screw"
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
Re: Service technician messed up something.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:10:15 pm »

Power down the dsl modem and restart it. It may take a couple of hours to come back up to speed.