Author Topic: [XP PRO SP3] settings for a fiber connection (SDSL 50Mb)  (Read 8728 times)

Offline mccoffee

• Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
Re: [XP PRO SP3] settings for a fiber connection (SDSL 50Mb)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 02:31:26 am »
This topic has been  decussed heavely at Speeguide's forum ,and I'm  a member of both.  Here goes in sg they suse the same value for tcpwindowsize globaalmax ,and default recive windows..     Now you can heonestly debate what is better on how to calcuate default recieve window.. Here we use caps /8 *1024  your default recive.

At sg they use the normal way of calculasting rwin http://www.broadbandnuts.com/index.php?page=14 ason here.  Before sp2 for xp the analyer use to show tcpwindowsize after the default reecive window size shows up.

Since you sre here we only support the   use  of Cablenut ,and  it's nothing negative aganist  the optimizer both are good.  Personally I said it over the  at sg's forum  I use cablenut.  Cablenut always gave me the best speed resaults: however, though Philip at Sg did make some revisons to the optimizer ,and with the new chnages in the optimizer it was neck and neck sorry Dannjr just in case..

Cablenut was probably the only tweaking software that had  many settisngs that people clammed were not needed pre xp sp2  After sp2 in xp guess what the others found out they were wrong ,and they should've used those settings....

In csblenut if you delete the tweak save changes reboot  you got back to default in SG's optimer  you click file restore to pervious settings and you will get to defults.

Just my .02

Offline chocka

• A New Nut
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 08:58:50 am »
Today I reset the DCHP server of the DRG and switch the internet connection to another port in the DRG (from p4 to p2) and just did a new test and its amazing.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/383845353.png

So now I'm going to beginning of this topic and try if there any diffs in the settings you advised me. I saved every setting, so it will be easy to put back them into the register and take 10x speedtest to which will be the best.

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »
It's great to see the new results.

I have a quick question one that usually gets overlooked..
Have you tested your firewall yet to make sure your not being attacked on inbound and outbound packets.
The reason for the added suggestion is that could mess with your DHCP and cause slow down
It would be nice if you could set the IP on your machine as static as well..
The reason for that is Windows even though its been told by a router a lease time of a day or so will still go look to make sure the lease time is valid every 12 minutes or so slowing the connection to sometimes to act as if it disconnected.

Anyway both these sites have been around for quiet awhile and good for testing the firewall.

GRC (Gibson Research) http://grc.com/intro.htm goto the Shields up test
PCFlank http://www.pcflank.com/
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline chocka

• A New Nut
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 03:27:08 pm »
Thanx for your info Dann. But no it was no firewall problem. We use a DRG of 42 networks.  Which has 4 ports.

Port 1 is for IPTV (DTV/HDTV)
Port 2 is for Internet

Port 1 and 2 are on QOS

Port 3 and 4 are not used, because the QOS is capped.

In total we have 100Mb line, 50Mb for internet and the other 50Mb (QOS) are used for IPTV and telephone.

In the past the hepdesk adviced me wrong to put internet on port 4.  So thats why I was losing my speed.

I only thing I now try to find out is which ccs settings I gets from you guys will be best to use. As soon as find that out, later this week, I will give you the results in this topic.

Offline chocka

• A New Nut
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »
This weekend I tried the settings I get from you and the winner is: Mccoffee dated settings of 27122008

Here are the results:
Try             Ms   Down/kbs   Up/kbs
1                  12     50341           33413
2                  10     44181        33741
3                  9          51080           33429
4                  11      55573           35208
5                  8          51112           31305
6                  10     52556           34857
7                 10     54544           32301
8                  9          55485           34985
9                 10    51440           32780
10               8           48658           33964

Average             10    51497           33598

Max                     12           55573           35208

Min                     8           44181           31305

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 03:52:58 pm »
Actually the Big winner is You.. Followed close by McCoffee..... Followed by a Cold Dortmunder Union or DaB ;D
Have one for me
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.