Author Topic: Trying to run a defrag  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Kap1

• A New Nut
Re: Trying to run a defrag
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 11:00:03 pm »
One of the errors I keep getting is System restore, it won't let me use any of my restore points from before the issues started it will only let me go back 4 days. I've been getting a restore error for over 3 weeks but didn't know until tonight what the error sr failed dump meant. I've been getting that for quite awhile on reboot and it's been running the chkdsk:/c on reboot for that same amount of time. My issues started even before my little trip thru monster.com

DH told me tonight to just buy a new computer as soon as we get our income tax, he said after 12 yrs of used computers and the issues I'm having with this one that it's time for me to have a new one of my own.

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re: Trying to run a defrag
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:52 am »
you could try this

Try getting malwarebytes. From http://www.malwarebytes.org
install it but do not reboot
get the update after the install and its running.. It will ask you if you want to update it at the end of the install you do not want to do that.

run the scan and see if it can find and remove anything..

WAS it monster.com you really went to.. I was only guessing cause thats where my daughter got her infection and thats where a couple other people I know got it threw. The sad part is it might not have been from monster.com but a trigger from monster that got you hit from a malware already on the computer.

You dont need to buy malwarebytes at this time to find malware and get rid of it
heres a download page to the recent software build
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.