Author Topic: Quebec says 'non' to English-only video games  (Read 1549 times)

mccoffee

Quebec says 'non' to English-only video games
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:03:48 pm »
The French Canadian government of Quebec is saying non to English-only video games if French versions are available.

French language rules on video games come into force on April 1, prohibiting the sale of new English-only video games in Quebec if a French version is available.

Great Seal of Quebec.

(Credit: Quebec, Canada)Is this a smart move to get more video games into the hands of French speakers? Or, is it misguided, xenophobic protectionism? I'm going with the latter

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10211763-62.html?tag=mncol

I thought the story was funny

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re: Quebec says 'non' to English-only video games
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:24:30 pm »
LOL  :big:  :tthumbup:

They need there  :as: spanked....

OK now if Quebec wants to supply coders to help the Gaming industry maybe then it will work..
Anyone ever watch the Canadian government in Action.. They have to speak english to the English and French to the French...

Dont get caught puting up Graffiti in Canada without making sure its in French and English ;D  Twice the cost for spray paint ;D

I for one like the Canadians and would hope they understand my humor...

With all the sites and more and more programs comming out French is included in a lot now along with a lot of other languages
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

mccoffee

Re: Quebec says 'non' to English-only video games
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:53:01 pm »
That was my thoughts exectly though  if you want to be french move to france jeez it's funny.