Author Topic: Mediamall PlayON & Similar Streaming Software.  (Read 1077 times)

Offline DrStrangematter

• A New Nut
Mediamall PlayON & Similar Streaming Software.
« on: July 26, 2010, 02:30:57 am »
Hello All ,
I was not sure exactly which place to post this , but hopefully it may help someone aside from myself.

I use the program from Mediamall called PlayOn to stream videos, Music, Pics, etc... to my consoles and I also have used Adjuster for years (love it).
Thing is , after reinstalling my updated PlayOn ver. it stopped being recognized as "running" and was not found by my PC or Consoles (360, PS3, or Wii).

It took me quite some time messing around with all sorts of settings: firewall , TCP/IP, services and on and on....

Shortening this story down a bit, I found that in Adjuster the setting  "DisableAddressSharing" was set to "1" .

It is also found in the Registry at : HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AFD\Parameters - were you will find : DisableAddressSharing   0x0000000(1)

So in either place , Adjuster or in the Reg , simply change that "1" to a "0" (Zero) and all is well in streaming land ! If this effected you as well , you may want to save you new settings in a custom profile so as not to re-apply the "1" if you ever need to set it up again.

Otherwise = Adjuster Kicks It Hard! - Loved it for years !
Thanks for all your work guys !
DrStrangematter

Offline cablenut

• 100% Geek
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
Re: Mediamall PlayON & Similar Streaming Software.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:24:28 pm »
Thanks for the information. I'm a fan of Tversity myself, simple, and quick to setup with no hassles. I use it to stream content to my Directv HD-DVR.
Life is lived by however you perceive it...