Author Topic: AT&T Uverse Business STATIC IP Addresses (Success)  (Read 46748 times)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
Re: AT&T Uverse Business STATIC IP Addresses (Success)
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:47 am »
Up time on the pfSense has been 9 months with the AT&T Static IP Addresses without an outage. WE'RE not using AT&T QOS.. pfSense deals with that real nice.
We've had to restart Apache, IIS and the mail servers more then anything else. But not as often...
We did have a small error we had to deal with in pfSense with pfBlocker which was user error and took a couple days before I realized I had loop in pfblocker causing a crash in the blocker only. That was back in June.
As far as we can tell the forum spam and email spam is next to nuttin...
Our email server deals with over 36000 legit emails a month
Prior to pfSense even with using spam controls we had over 76000 emails that included spam and about 20 emails that included viruses that the server had to deal with. If 4 viruses get cleaned out I'd be very surprised..

We did notice that allot of spam that run through USA server run from HOSTING NOC out of Ohio.. Seem's like they don't care. so we found all there IP blocks from Spamhaus and added it to pfBlocker and thats all stopped..
I would give these blocks out here but they'd probably go out and buy some more.

All the control you'd ever want and all coming threw a 10 year old P4 with a Fresh HD and gig of memory.
Swap on the hardrive runs between 1 to 5%... Memory use runs about 18% at most.
Of course now that I said something we'll probably get hit by the infamous ugly karma  ::) 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:55:11 am by dannjr »
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.