Author Topic: ISPs what a pain !  (Read 705 times)

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
ISPs what a pain !
« on: November 16, 2002, 05:23:50 am »
ISPs what a pain

Over the past couple of weeks Worldcom has caused a glitch in the Internet
What do I mean.
They had a glitch in handling email. Yours mine just about 80% of all ISPs have email going through Worldnet WoW how can this be.. In everyones infinite wisdom. Worldnet ended up with control over UUnut (UUNET).. Ill leave it for your imagination But they have been all over the news and maybe they wont go out of business..

What has this caused.. WELL I dont want to start a rumor.... But what the heck... Maybe after you search it out... This rag of an article might not be to far off.

SBC Ameritech and Covad have had nothing but problems trying to get back on track.. Its as if there DNS has been crippled.. The two offices that have Covad telesurfer, that I take care of secondary DNS keeps dropping packets and cant get to certain websites or VPNs in there other offices
Ameritech has several users that cant even connect to there DSL and several others that cant even download a file. But on a better note thay are able to surf.
Your ISP might be effected and have no idea of whats in store for you just yet.

Certain markets such as ATTbi are being transferred to Comcast..
Lets hope they can get Tech support together so that it starts working right.. I can already see how its effecting TV in our area.. But who wants to pay out $45 a month for 86 lousy channels when you can have your pick on Satalite.

Earthlink or when service is lousy I call it Earlick, has been pretty solid except on the west coast.
But Winter hasnt set in yet and they have ALL Winter to over sell the Market again.. Even with there new Gigabyte network..
Theirs still only so much you can sell before a DSL connection acts like a dialup, like last winter.

AOL or should I Say AohelL Why are you still in business is it because US Citizens Are really that stupid.. OR is it really true that you have a Endless TV market so you can push your Crap down the throats of unsuspecting little old ladies and kiddys that dont know any better, that have daddy pay for the connection just to shut them up.. So they can have some piece watching Time Warner eat up the rest of the market.. OH I forgot thats another AOL thing..
Who DID AOL pay off at the FCC to allow that to happen..
By the way when you kiddys grow up Im sure AOL has a Tattoo theyd like to get you with.. Why not they already know your habits. Probably what you had for Dinner to

Enough with the Rant.. Im a 1000 pound Gorilla hit the talk back button at the bottem to leave a comment..

Some of you have commented that your getting blank pages or 404 errors
I did some biggy checks on the server last week it was down due to a memory stick in the dually Pentium and it caused a melt down..
Since then we been keeping an eye on the server has been a thrill.. So far since last week with ping tests and bandwidth tests its been running somewhat smooth..
Out of 500 pings sent 500 returned with 0 loss just in the last test. Thats not to say the server is perfect but its on 3 DS3 and 2 T1 lines with 250 users.
The average for this server is about a 6% loss in packets and on the 0 to 5 scale runs between 2 and 2.5 on its load.. When it getsa to 2.7 I worry..

I was thinking about putting the forum back on Broadbandnuts.com its a newer server and up until this last week when the primary harddrive blew up I was real happy with it.
I think you know I aint movin nothing.

Well thats about it from me this week in news if you have something to add on your ISP or know how I can get a T1 line for home around $150 a month and I dont mean a T1 burst.. Its gotta be full time let me know..
As for your ISP if you dont comment Ill assume all is great. But when it goes bad. Just remember dont yell at the tech, he or shes, just a Twinkie thats been given limitations by WorldCom and AOhelL; Hey aint broadband better than Dialup.. Of course most of what I put above could be, just a rumor. Or is it.  

Talk back America

God Bless
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.

Offline dannjr

• Main Certifiable NutcAsE
  • Administrator Nut
  • Certifiable Nut
  • Share your life. Be a organ donor other Bday 1998
    • DSLnuts | Broadbandnuts | Cablenut
UPDATE Re:ISPs what a pain !
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 01:43:09 pm »
Update:  ;D I want to thank the Good people at Ameritech for Listening and Updating to the NEW DNS its helped allot.. Now everyone should be back online there..

I should know more on Monday about Covad...

Thanks again Ameritech..
Be a Organ Donor. A chance at life.
This site never spams or sells its list to anyone. No pop up's or scams
An inconvenience, but if you want to make omelettes, you have to break some eggs.